1. How many persons will come to the party?
A. 30 B. 32 C. 33
2. How will David come to the party?
A. On foot. B. By car C. By taxi
3. What can the two speakers be?
A. A boss and a secretary
B. A reporter and a film star
C. A salesman and a customer
4. What can the man get for free?
A. A magazine B. A newspaper C. A film poster
5. What happened in the supermarket?
A. Someone stole the things there.
B. Some money was lost
C. Fewer and fewer people bought things there
6. How did the owner deal with the problem?
A. He asked his friend for help
B. He closed the supermarket for some days
C. He asked some detectives and the police for help
7. What was Sally’s trouble during her travel?
A. She lost her mobile phone.
B. She lost her way in the small forest.
C. She lost her way in the big forest.
8. What helped Sally get out of the forest?
A. Their own mobile phone.
B. The man’s new mobile phone with GPS.
C. Some telephones in the forest.
9. How long did it take Sally get out of the forest?
A. About 2 hours. B. About two and a half hours. C. About 100 minutes.
10. What competition did Kate win?
A. Chinese B. Maths C. English
11. When did Kate do lots of exercises?
A. In class B. After class C. In the morning
12. What did Kate do if she couldn’t understand?
A. She asked her parents for help.
B. She tried to look up some books.
C. She asked her teachers and classmates for help.
13. When was Bill Gates born?
A. In 1950 B. In 1955 C. In 1915
14. How many years did he study at Harvard University?
A. 4 B. 3 C. 1
15.Which of the following is not true?
A. Bill Gates finished his study at Harvard University.
B. Bill Gates and his friend made the software for personal computers.
C. Bill Gates started his company at the age of 20.
第二节 听取信息 (共5小题，5分，每小题1分)
Good 1. They are light, thin and strong.
2. It’s cheap to ( A ) the plastic bag.
Bad 1. The wind can ( B ) them away easily .
2. When some sea animals eat it, they will ( C )
3. It takes (D) of years for them to break down.
How to deal with the
plastic bags pollution 1. We shouldn’t use plastics bags.
2. We can use environmental ( E ) .
16. It is very important _______ English well.
A. learn B. to learn C. learns D. to learning
17. He will finish reading the book in ______.
A. one week's time B. a week's C. one weeks' time D. one week time
18. If you want to keep healthy, you should eat _______ meat and _______vegetables.
A. much; little B. little; fewer C. more ; less D. less ; more
19. A man broke into his house and a lot of money.
A. put away B. got away C. went away D. took away
20. It doesn’t look like rain, so you bring your umbrella with you.
A. needn’t B. mustn’t C. can’t D. shouldn’t
21. --- How much did you ________ the computer last week?
--- 3，000 Yuan.
A. pay for B. spend in C. cost D. take
22. Be quick, we have any time to catch the bus.
A. almost B. nearly C. hardly D. ever
23. --- Could you give some ________ about the article?
--- Of course.
A. suggestion B. suggestions C. advices D. informations
24. The weather in winter in Beijing is much _______ than that in Guangzhou..
A. cold B. hot C. colder D. hotter
25. I forgot ______ her about it. She was very angry _______ me.
A. telling, with B. to tell, with C. telling, of D. to tell, of
Mr Ken worked as a detective. He hoped to find 26 guilty and protect the innocent. He told Lucy a recent case.
Mr Li, a rich man, bought a very expensive vase and 27 it to his friends Jill and Jenny. But later, someone stole it. 28 Mr Ken went to his house to look 29 clues. He found a black pearl earring near the open 30 . There was a lot of mud on the ground but the carpet inside the room was clean. And he noticed Jill 31 a necklace with the same design as the earring. So Jill became the suspect. She admitted the earring was 32 but someone stole it. What did all these things mean? Mr Ken thought no thief broke 33 Li’s house. He questioned Li and Li had to admit 34 his own vase for the insurance money. He wanted to make Jill ___35 to jail instead of him. In the end, Li was behind bars.
26. A. a B. an C. the D. /
27. A. show B. showed C. shows D. showing
28. A. So B. But C. Or D. Because
29. A. at B. after C. for D. up
30. A. safe B. safes C. saves D. saving
31. A. wear B. wore C. wears D. wearing
32. A. she B. hers C. her D. his
33. A. into B. on C. from D. out of
34. A. steal B. stole C. steals D. stealing
35. A. to go B. go C. goes D. going
Anna lived by the river. One summer, there was a very big flood(洪水), and a lot of houses were washed away. Anna ‘s house was 36 enough to escape the flood. Her house was still all right when the 37 was gone.
Her house was quite small. Her husband was dead and she had four children, but Anna took in one of the families that had lost 38 in the flood. She shared her home with them until it was 39 for them to rebuild their house.
Anna’ s friends were puzzled when they saw Anna so that. They could not understand why Anna wanted to give herself so much work and 40 when she already had quite a few children to 41 .
“Well,” Anna said to her friends, “At the end of the First World War(战争), a woman in a town found herself very poor, because her husband was killed in the war and she had a lot of children, as I have now.
“The day before Christmas, this woman said to her children, ‘We won’t be able to have much for Christmas this year, so I’m going to 42 only one present for all of us. Now I’ll go and get it.’ She 43 with a girl who was even poorer than they were, and who had no parents.
‘Here’s our 44 ,’ she said to her children.
The children were excited and 45 to get such a present. They welcomed the little girl as their sister. I was that present.”
36. A. low B. high C. small D. beautiful
37. A. fire B. snow C. water D. ice
38. A. nothing B. everything C. anything D. something
39. A. possible B. important C. fun D. difficult
40. A. time B. trouble C. energy D. money
41. A. have B. spend C. waste D. feed
42. A. get B. send C. open D. make
43. A. ran off B. went away C. came back D. got up
44. A. relative B. friend C. present D. classmate
45. A. sorry B. sad C. nervous D. happy
One of the most popular items (项) in the school newspaper is the advice column (专栏).Here are some of the questions asked and their answers ---
Q: I'm always late for school.I try not to be late, but I can't help it.Please advise me about what to do.Tommy.
A: You are probably late for school because you don't really like school.My advice to you is to enjoy school more, and then you won't be late so often.
Q: I find it difficult to make friends.What do you think I should do? Sara.
A: I can't advise you until I know more about you.Your problem may be that you are shy.On the other hand, it may be the opposite.You may be too bold(大胆).Write and tell me more about yourself.
Q: I'm always at the bottom of the class.What do you advise me to do? Molly.
A: I advise you to try to improve your grades in one subject at first.Next, try to improve your grades in another subject.If you do this, by the end of the year you should be quite a long way up from the bottom in all your subjects.
46. What is the main idea of the passage?
A. The town newspaper has an advice column.
B. The advice column in the newspaper in very popular.
C. Sara finds it difficult to make friends.
D. Tommy wrote to the school newspaper to ask for advice.
47. What is Tommy's problem?
A. He is always late for school.
B. He finds it difficult to make friends.
C. He is always at the bottom of the class.
D. He needs help with his homework.
48. What does the adviser want Sara to do?
A. top being so shy. B. Stop being so bold.
C. Make more friends. D. Give more information about herself.
49. What does Molly want to do?
A. Make more friends. B. Enjoy school more.
C. Stay at the bottom of her class. D. Improve her exam results.
50.By the end of the year, where should Molly be in all her subjects if she does as the adviser says?
A. At the bottom. B. A little way up from the bottom.
C. Quite a long way up from the bottom. D. At the top.
Computers are useful machines.They can help people a 1ot in their everyday life.For example，they can help people save much time，and they can help people work out many problems they can't do easily.Our country asks everyone to learn to use computers except the old people.
Today more and more families own computers.Parents buy computers for their children.
They hope computers can help them improve(提高)their studies in schoo1.But many of the children use computers to play games，to watch video or to sing Karaoke.instead of studying.So many teachers and parents complain that computers can not help children to study but make them fall behind.So computers are locked by parents in the boxes.
In some other countries，even some scientists hate computers.Thy say computers let millions of people lost their jobs or bring them a lot of trouble.
Will computers really bring trouble to people or can they bring people happiness? It will be decided by people themselves.
51. Why do we say the computer is a useful machine? Because .
A.our country asks us to learn it B.it can help us a lot
C.we can use it to play games D.it can help us to find jobs
52. What do many teachers and parents complain about?
A.Their students and children use computers to play games.
B.Computers let them lost their jobs.
C.Computers make the students and children fall behind.
D.Computers bring people a lot of trouble.
53. In this passage we know computers ________.
A.also bring us trouble B.bring us happiness only
C.are hated by people D.are bad for people’ health
54. What does the underlined word “complain” mean?
A.抱怨 B.赞赏 C.考虑 D.解释
55. How do you understand the last sentence of this passage?
A.Computers are used by people
B.People can live well without computers
C.One must decide how to use computers
D.Computers are strange machines
Thomas Edison lost the first job. For the next five years he went around the country from job to job. At last Edison went to New York. He had little money. He could not buy enough food to eat. He had no place to sleep.
For many days Edison looked for work. He was hungry. At last he found work fixing machines. He could fix the old machines. He also made new ones. The head man liked Edison’s new machines. He was going to give Edison $ 40,000 for them. Edison would now have money to do what he wanted.
Thomas Edison was then 23. He used the money to build a shop in New Jersey. He had many people working for him. But he worked more than any of them. He rested very little. Soon he was making more than 40 new things at one time.
In 1876 Alexander Graham Bell made a telephone. But it could carry voices only a little way. Edison wanted to make a better telephone. He soon made one. It could carry voices a long way.
56. After he lost his first job, Edison ________.
A. found no jobs in the next five years
B. lived in New York for the next five years
C. had a bad time in the next five years
D. had no food and no sleep during the next five years
57. In New York ________.
A. Edison was always hungry
B. Edison began to have good luck after he found the work fixing machines
C. Edison got $ 40,000 by fixing machines
D. Edison made more money by fixing old machines
58. The head man was interested in ________.
A. Thomas Edison himself B. The old machines
C. the new machines D. Edison’s telephone
59. Edison made a telephone. It ________.
A. was the first one in the world B. carried voices much farther
C. carried voices more clearly D. carried more voices
60. What is the best title of the passage?
A. The First Telephone B. Thomas Edison’s Shop
C. Thomas Edison’s New Job D. Thomas Edison—An Inventor (发明家)
61. Tokyo One is the name of a _________.
A. hotel B. restaurant C. food supermarket D. museum
62. Tokyo One is in ________.
A. Tokyo. B. Sydney C. Houston D. London
63. We can go to Tokyo One for lunch at ________.
A. 10:30am on Monday B. 3:00pm on Friday
C. 11:00am on Saturday D. 2:30pm on Sunday
64. We can have dinner in Tokyo One at 9:40pm ________.
A. on Saturday B. on Tuesday C. on Wednesday D. on Thursday
65. Tokyo One offers us the following information except _______.
A. location B. telephone number C. website D. food price
66. The film last night wasn’t very good. Before it ended, the cinema was almost e .
67. You needn’t pay for this book. It’s f________.
68. The box is very heavy. He can h________ lift it.
69. The p_________ of the trousers is too high. I don’t think I will buy it.
70. Jack, tomorrow is my birthday. I want to i________ you to dinner.
I am __________ __________ a child.
Kate usually stays at home _________ _________ _________ out at the weekend.
I visit my grandma _________ __________ __________.
He got up _________ __________ __________ he felt very tired.
My father __________ __________ __________ this company.
时间 上周六(9月12日)、 5点半到6点之间
经过 一辆车牌(car license)为A88888 的蓝色小矫车撞倒一位年龄约30岁的妇女，事后逃跑